- · We train each of our sitters personally—and we pay for training!
- · We work as a team, so we always have your back when ‘life happens.’
- · A manager is always on duty to offer 24/7 local support for questions or problems.
What Our Pet Sitters Do:
- · Generally serve clients within a 5-10 miles radius to minimize drive time.
- · Meet clients and/or pet sitting staff to learn the details of the home and pet care needed.
- · Spend 30-60+ minutes with a client’s pet(s) in their home. Some overnight housesitting is also available,
you may select this availability in your application.
- · Feed, water, and interact with fuzzy, furry, slobbery (sometimes scaly!) pets.
- · Scoop litter and clean up the occasional potty accident or hairball. Poop happens!
- · Walk, walk, walk! Dogs (even the rare cat!) will help you get in your 10,000 steps a day the happiest way!
- · Occasionally administer medications to dogs and cats.
- · Check on the overall status of client homes and water plants.
- · Communicate with the office staff, other pet sitters and clients throughout the day via phone, text and email.
- · Have experience with, and truly LOVE animals.
- · Have great integrity and character, a person who does not cut corners.
- · Live in or near the areas we serve.
- · Are willing and available to work ALL major holidays and days surrounding.
- · Are comfortable entering all types of client homes and visiting with their pets of all varieties, shapes and sizes.
- · Don’t mind getting your hands dirty: pets are messy and scooping litter and cleaning up after them is part of the job!
- · Communicate well – consistent communication is crucial!
- · Are reliable, dependable, detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic.
- · Enjoy working independently but can also follow directions and be a team player when needed.
- · Be capable of walking/handling all type of dogs (large and small), caring for cats and other household pets.
- · OK with potentially driving to multiple visits per day, walking a lot, climbing stairs and working in inclement weather.
- · Have 24/7 access to a reliable car, hold a valid driver’s license, and have proof of current insurance.
- · Have a smart phone, have intermediate-level computer and smart phone skills and have daily access to a computer with internet.
- · Are 21+ and willing to submit to a criminal background check.
- · If you want to make full-time income, you must be available and willing to work all time frames listed in our application...throughout the day and evening, weekends, and holidays.
- · Because we strive to create consistent bonds and relationships between our sitters, our human clients, and their pets, we do ask for at least a six-month commitment (ideally one year, and we’d love it if you stayed for ten!).
- · This job is NOT for you if you already know you have significant time restraints, an unpredictable schedule, or know you cannot commit long term.
Compensation & Purrrks:
Our employees are compensated BY THE VISIT.
- · NO SUITS or CUBICLES!
- · Paid on-going training and professional development.
- · Employee discount for your own pets when you need pet care.
- · Work close to home—say goodbye to rush hour commutes!
- · Plenty of opportunity to exercise and spend time outdoors with our furry friends.
- · Clients can be generous with tips.
- · Ongoing paid training, including Pet First Aid & CPR.
- · BONUS: All the slobbery kisses, head butts, nose boops, cuddles, and purrs you can handle!
If you feel you meet or exceed the requirements and are looking to make a long-term commitment, either part time or full time, then please apply.
TO APPLY: Contact us and we will forward the application to you.